Fed up with the toxic current political climate and seeing a void in viable candidates in Tennessee willing to move forward in the vein of Bernie Sanders, humble East Nashville based comedian / dog-walker / single father Chad Riden is running for Governor of Tennessee in 2018.
:: PRO ::
– High speed state wide fiber optic internet as a public utility w/ Chattanooga model
– Medicare For All – healthcare is a right, not a privilege
– Unionized labor
– Public Schools
– Construction of high speed rail connecting Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville, Bristol & Chattanooga
– Sustainable housing for the Homeless, possibly using the Earthship Biotecture method w/ recycled materials
– LGBT+ anti-discrimination laws and protection
– Legalization of Marijuana
– 7 days a week alcohol sales
:: ANTI ::
– Money in Politics & career politicians in general
– Outsourcing State tasks to for-profit businesses: Charter Schools, Privatized Prisons, etc. If someone else can turn a profit doing it, Tennessee can do it cheaper in-house.
– discrimination, hate, fear, ignorance, Trump.
Chad attended McMinn County High School in Athens, Tennessee Hiwassee College in Madisonville, and the University of Tennessee in Knoxville where he earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcasting / Mass Communications. He has worked in local tv and radio and internet development since 1995, and began writing and performing stand-up comedy when he moved to Nashville in the summer of 2000.
Riden has worked full-time as a traveling stand-up comedian since 2007 and spends the rest of his time running “Nashville StandUp” – a non-profit dedicated to promoting and producing live comedy events, such as the #BrokenRecordShow which breaks it’s own world record for longest standup comedy show, multiple comedians annually by 5 minutes as part of the Nashville Comedy Festival in April at Third Coast Comedy Club.
Chad Riden has appeared on “The Daily Show” on Comedy Central, the Late Show with David Letterman’s “Tony Mendez Show”, ABC’s “Nashville,” and may or may not be featured on an episode of CMT-Canada’s “Mississippi Snake Grabbers” (no idea it it’s aired, honestly).
Chad Riden currently lives in East Nashville with a flying squirrel, a duck, a turtle and his 14-year-old daughter who approves of none of this.
Riden’s views are his own and do not reflect the views of any of the three non-profits he volunteers at: Walden’s Puddle wildlife rehab facility, WXNA-FM & Nashville StandUp – none of which endorse political candidates or Chad Riden.
Sign up for updates from our campaign
This grassroots campaign needs to engage as many Tennesseans as possible as we strive for real change. We’ve been mismanaged by career politicians and lawyers who only care about gaining money and power for themselves for too long.
The time to be complacent is OVER. We need people like you to help.